Home » Terms and Conditions
DUE TO LOCKDOWN AMONG OTHER RESTRICTIONS OF THE PANAMANIAN GOVERNMENT, WE CAN NOT OFFER ANY DIVING ACTIVITIES SINCE 12TH OF MARCH 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ALL BOOKED TRIPS MAND TILL 31ST OF MAY 2020 HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. OUR CLIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PRIVATE E-MAIL AND WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO RE-SCHEDULE THE BOOING TILL END OF 2021 WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COSTS. IF CANCELLATIONS BEYOND 31ST OF MAY WILL BE NECESSARY WILL BE COMMUNICATED.
Proof of Certification
- Scuba Coiba, S.A. requires the presentation of a certification card or equivalent proof prior to departure for scuba diving activities. The only exemption are Open Water Scuba Diver students participating in a course offered by Scuba Coiba or a student accompanied by his instructor.
- Scuba Coiba, S.A. has the right to conduct a check-out dive at extra expenses of the client.
Rights of our Divemasters & Instructors
- The divemaster/instructor accompanying an activity has the right to exclude clients from certain activities per his/her discretion without the refunding of payments. Reasons for exclusion of activities can be, but are not limited to, obvious physical or mental disorders which may prohibit a safe dive, alcohol- and/or drug consumption prior to diving, ignoring of procedures pointed out by the divemaster/instructor/captain prior to diving.
- The divemaster/instructor together with the captain of the boat decide on dive sites depending on weather conditions and abilities of the divers.
Responsibilities of Scuba Coiba, S.A.
- Scuba Coiba, S.A. is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal equipment during your participation in our activities.
- Scuba Coiba, S.A. is not responsible for delays, unforeseen expenses and other inconvenience caused either directly or indirectly by events, such as, but not limited to, late arrivals, severe weather conditions, acts of God, acts of government, strikes and failure of machinery or equipment.
Health Risks & Travel Insurance
- Please take into consideration that scuba diving is a potential hazardous activity, taking place away from boats and in remote locations with no immediate access to medical facilities. Please contact your travel agent about a comprehensive travel insurance.
- Please also consider that normal travel insurance policies are not covering diving accidents and hyperbaric treatment. We strongly recommend to take a special diving insurance, such as offered for example by DAN America or Dan Europe.
Prices & Payment
- Our prices are based on a minimum number of divers participating in a certain activity.
- Neither our prices, nor availability of booked places or equipment, are binding until Scuba Coiba, S.A has issued a written confirmation.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- To receive a booking confirmation Scuba Coiba, S.A. requires a down-payment of the agreed prices by wire transfer or by credit card via our payment page for the stated amount, or a completed on-line booking through our on-line booking page.
- The remaining balance to the total must be paid prior to departure at our office in Santa Catalina in cash (USD) or by credit card (accepted: Visa and MasterCard), by wire transfer 10 days prior to departure date.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Cancellations must be made in writing.
- There are no refunds for unused dives, accommodations, meals or activities.
- There are no refunds in the event either party is unable to perform its obligations under the terms of this Agreement because of acts of God, strikes, equipment or transmission failure or damage reasonably beyond its control, or other causes reasonably beyond its control, such party shall not be liable for damages to the other for any damages resulting from such failure to perform or otherwise from such causes.
- If cancellation of activity takes place 60 or more days prior to departure, Scuba Coiba, S.A. will refund the full down-payment minus $50.00 (USD) handling fee and bank charges.
- If cancellation of activity takes place between 31 and 59 days prior to departure, Scuba Coiba, S.A. will refund 50% of the down-payment minus bank charges. The minimum amount kept is $50.00 (USD) plus bank or credit card fees.
- If cancellation of activity takes place 30 days or less prior to departure, Scuba Coiba, S.A. will not issue a refund.
PLease see our Privacy Politics at our contact page